Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently changed internet service providers and since then I am unable to wirelessly print from my Win10 Laptop. I tried converting the Deskjet to a network printer but the Laptop cannot find the printer on the network. I also have the printer connected via USB to my Win 7 Desktop. I am not sure how to make this connection work. What should I do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SGaniaris,

Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support community!

• The Wireless light on the printer, is that solid or flashing?
  • The Wireless network that you have is that a 2.4GHz network or a 5Ghz network?
  • Are the printer and the Laptop connected to the same network? (If the printer is already connected)

If the printer is not connected to the network(Wireless light is flashing), follow the below steps to connect the printer to the network.

There are 2 ways to connect the printer to the network:

1.  Using the WPS Push Button Method
  2.  Using a USB cable

Method 1: Using the WPS Push Button (If you have a WPS enabled router).

There are 2 printer models  HP Deskjet 3050 All-in-One Printer - J610a & HP Deskjet 3050A All-in-One series (J611a)

• If you have the HP Deskjet 3050 All-in-One Printer - J610a (CH376A)
    • Push the Wireless Button
    • Select WPS
    • Select Push Button
    • Now press and hold the WPS button on the Wireless router for 3-5 seconds and wait
    • The Wireless light would turn solid indicating the printer is connected to the network
    • Add the printer to the Laptop

• If you have the HP Deskjet 3050A All-in-One series (J611a)
    • Push the Set-Up button
    • Select Wireless
    • Select WPS
    • Select Push Button
    • Now press and hold the WPS button on the Wireless router for 3-5 seconds and wait
    • The Wireless light would turn solid indicating the printer is connected to the network
    • Add the printer to the Laptop

Method 2: Using a USB cable

• Refer to this video for converting the USB connection on the printer to Wireless.

If you would like to use the USB connection instead of the wireless, follow the steps below:

Download the full feature driver from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/printers

Follow the instructions from this video to complete the installation.

Let me know if this information helps. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.