Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When attempting to print a PIC from my Apple 7 plus phone the printing doesn't adjust to handle the 4x6 print paper loaded in the printer. Instead of printing the entire picture, a section of the picture is printed close up.

The Airprint app the comes with Apple only provides a paper size of "Letter".

When loading the photo paper in the printer, I'm asked "Did you load Photo Paper, Letter?

I answer Yes.

Then I go to print from my iPhone and the above reported problem occurs.

What am I missing?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @rondaddy ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned below:

AirPrint does not have the option to change the paper size. However, if your printer has a paper sensor, AirPrint automatically adjusts the print size to the detected paper. If your printer has a control panel with the option to change paper sizes, you can change the paper size and the Apple iOS device detects the new paper through AirPrint, and then scales the printout accordingly.

note:

If the paper size selected and the paper size loaded are not the same, an error might display on both the printer and device, asking for confirmation that the correct paper is loaded. If the incorrect paper size is loaded, the Apple iOS device scales the printout to the paper size selected on the printer.

In this case, I'd request you to follow this link, and try the new HP Smart app, and see if you can print from the iPhone. 🙂

Let me know how that pans out. 😉

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, as suggested - try to make sure photo media is loaded and configured as such on the printer prior to sending the photo. Open the tray, insert your 4x6 media, make sure you answer the prompt on the front panel to select the correct size of the media then send your print job. You can also validate the size of the media loaded or change it from the printer's embedded web server.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.