Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 8610 e-all in one printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to print invitations on cardstock (purchased a Gartner invitation kit to print at home).  The cardstock has a printed design on the top 1/4 of the cardstock and then I want to print on the bottom 3/4 of the cardstock.   Gartner offers a Microsoft Word Template as well as an Adobe Acrobat template.  I have tried them both.  I can print perfectly on test sheets of paper, but when putting in a piece of cardstock with the design on the top, the printing comes out pushed to one side instead of being centered.  I have ruined several invitations, but when I flip them over and put the plain side of the invitation in to print, it prints perfectly and centered.  I called Gartner and they said there must be something in my printer that sees that design on the top and throws the print off and to check with my printer company.   It certainly seems that is the problem as I can print all kinds of perfectly centered invitations on  plain pieces of paper and/or cardstock, but the minute I try to put in the cardstock with design at the top, the printing moves off center and all over to the side.  Help!  I want to get these invitations printed.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @VictorLA

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

What's the paper size? Refer to this document to check if the paper size is supported or not. Expand Paper-handling specifications > Supported cards.

If supported, check for these settings - 

1) Adjust paper tray. Go to ‘Printer and Devices’ and select ‘Paper Handling’ on the menu. Scroll and select “Heavy” or “Card Stock” on the “Tray” menu.

2) Change printer settings. Click on the document to be printed. Click on the “Print” option to open the dialog box for settings. Click on “Properties” >> “Paper Quality >> “Card Stock”. Click “Ok”.

3) Feed the paper. Place card stocks on the paper tray. Do not exceed the recommended number of sheets. Make sure all papers are of the same width and height. Adjust paper feeder and align.

4) Run a test print.

Let me know how that goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did you figure it out i am having same problem ?

HP Recommended

@Alta415 Welcome to HP Community!

Please let me know the product number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.