03-26-2019 09:41 AM
First the printer started not printing the bottom of words. After reinstalling 3 times, it stopped doing that but now does not print every third line. New ink cartridges.
03-27-2019 02:39 PM - edited 04-01-2019 08:10 AM
Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Community,
What happens when you try to print the Print Quality diagnostic page from the printer?
Let's try these steps here:
Load plain white paper in the tray.
Press and hold the Cancel button .
While you press and hold the Cancel button , press OK.
The self-test report prints.
Examine the results for defects:
If the print quality is unacceptable, touch Clean Again to continue the next level of cleaning. If necessary, repeat these steps for the third cleaning cycle.
You may follow the steps suggested in this support document for - HP Officejet 4500 Printers - Fixing Poor Print Quality
If the print quality report prints fine, then this could be an issue with the software. Let's uninstall the printer from the root level and then reinstall it by following the steps below:
- Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
- Please click here to download and install the software.
- Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Let me know how it goes for further assistance!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee