Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp inkjet 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having difficulty printing documents sent to my printer, but no issues when copying or test pages it works just fine, only when I send documents to be printed from my mobile device or any computer in my network faded printing and for some reason bigger text prints good but smaller text you can hardly see, would really appreciate it, any ideas will be welcome then you !!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kikko1 

I would guess that the Print Quality should be checked:

Could be a couple of reasons that tiny print looks faded but larger print looks OK.  Both of these are impacted by the Quality corrections mentioned in the document.

For example:

• Certain fonts (not particularly related to print size) use more ink to print.  For Example, Arial font is a "sturdy" font (as compared some other fonts) and may look darker due to the "density" (structure) of the font.
  • Tiny fonts (as seen on a sheet of paper) may appear faded simply because the overall quality is not at its best.  For example, for text / fonts that use all colors to look like "black" text on the paper, all the colors of ink must be working correctly (providing enough ink and clarity around each printed character).

If all is well with the print quality (see document link above), then it might help to adjust the size of the font before you submit the job to the printer.

The "essentials" are the same as for submitting jobs from a PC, though sometimes it seems to take an inordinate amount of work to adjust a simple printed page.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mobile Printing

HP Printers - Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with HP Printers

Find your printer (if it is supported) for HP Smart here:

Print and Scan from the HP Smart App (Android, Apple)

If your printer is not supported for the HP Smart App, use whatever print application is on the iPad.

If necessary, Install the software to your iPad.

If using HP Smart:

Open the HP Smart application and check that it is indeed installed - read / check the various sections.

Select the file to print > Print > Settings (horizontal lines with intersecting circles in the upper right corner)

Select "Resize" = Original, Fit to Page, Fill Page

Observations (based on a modicum of experience with print applications)

It appears (after a quick look at my iPad Pro) that font size as printed is controlled in the software used to view / edit / format the document before that document is sent to the printer.

Assuming this is indeed the case, that is, the simple iOS print tools do not include the ability to shrink the fonts,

This "format fonts before printing" is used / necessary for documents printed from the web, or a PC or Mac, too.

Fit to page is about the best you can do.

If possible, open the document in an editing program (like Pages), adjust the content there, and then save / print.

For example,

If you can import / copy / add the document to Pages, the formatting, including font type and cont size can be adjusted within the document and then saved. The printed content reflects the (smaller / larger) font size.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Still need help?  Want more information?  Search for solutions...

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.