Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hey all, ive recently had a problem where the prints arent in the correct placement on the pages. the photos ive attached show the problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your detailed response.

The issue sounds to be like a hardware issue. I would suggest a few steps. If they do not resolve the issue, you're looking at a new unit. I will leave HP's contact information below for you to reach them if you wish to discuss your next printer options, if needed!:)

1. Click this link and try looking for a paper jam. I understand there are no error messages, but these steps won't hurt to try for this type of problem: A 'Paper Jam' Message Displays for HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series (C310)

2. I sent you a private message with my final suggestion. Click the envelope icon at the top right of this page to access your inbox.

If you have any troubles with the steps, let me know and I will do my best to help.

To show appreciation for my attempt to help you out today, click the thumbs up below. Click the "Accept as Solution" if the issue has been resolved please and thanks! 😄

Good luck!

Contact HP:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Welcome back to the HP Community, @aj_whiteSmiley Happy

I will certainly do my best to help you with the prints not printing out in the correct places on the document. Please let me know some more helpful information to help me research the problem for you. Try any of these steps that have not been attempted, and let me know the outcome.

1. Which printer model do you have?
  2. How is the printer connected (USB/ wireless/ wired/ Bluetooth)?
  3. What is the Operating System of the computer?
  4. Have you tested hardware functionality (made copies) and do they work successfully?
  5. Have you tried printing from different programs?
  6. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software?
  7. Have you tried running an alignment, and does it pass or fail?
  8. If you're running Windows, run the Print and Scan Doctor , choose to fix printing, and include the results in your reply (you can also run this a few times).
  9. Did you make any recent changes to your set up (physical move, upgrade, downgrade, new software installed, new router, etc)?
  10. Is the printer plugged directly into the wall outlet (avoiding power bars and surge protectors)?
  11. Have you completed all Windows/Mac OS Updates?
  12. Have you tried using a different USB/Ethernet cable?
  13. Do you see any error messages or codes, and if so, what are they saying and where do you see them?

Thank you Smiley Happy I hope to hear from you!

Click the thumbs up below to show appreciation for my help!
Click the "Accept as Solution" if I have guided you to a solution!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I have a hp photosmart C130a
Each photo was printed from a different source they are
Iphone 6s
Windows 10 pc (wired)
Windows 7 laptop
Onboard memory card slot.

All with latest firmware as I've had another issue recently and i was made to update everything.

Ive run print and scan dr but no fix
HP Recommended

Hey there aj white,

Thanks for responding to me. Could you please let me know the information from the rest of the questions? If there are any steps there you have not tried, please try them before replying back to let me know the exact outcomes. This will help us better understand where the issue is coming from (software, hardware).

Thank you:D

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

My answer did answer all of your questions but here is it put over your questions

Which printer model do you have? 

I have a hp photosmart C130a

How is the printer connected (USB/ wireless/ wired/ Bluetooth)? 

Each photo was printed from a different source they are
Iphone 6s
Windows 10 pc (wired)
Windows 7 laptop

What is the Operating System of the computer?

Iphone 6s
Windows 10 pc (wired)
Windows 7 laptop

Have you tested hardware functionality (made copies) and do they work successfully?

printing from scanner does the same cuts the top margin out

Have you tried printing from different programs?

i have printed from 4 different sources including the onboard card slot

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software?

i have but since this covers 4 different sources 1 of wich i cannot uninstall software for i do not see this as a issue

Have you tried running an alignment, and does it pass or fail?

yes and this aligns the print heads not paper so yes this passes

If you're running Windows, run the Print and Scan Doctor , choose to fix printing, and include the results in your reply (you can also run this a few times).

Ive run print and scan dr but no fix

Did you make any recent changes to your set up (physical move, upgrade, downgrade, new software installed, new router, etc)?

installed latest firmware as I've had another issue recently and i was made to update everything

Is the printer plugged directly into the wall outlet (avoiding power bars and surge protectors)?

yes

Have you completed all Windows/Mac OS Updates?

windows updates do not affect all the devices the issue is on

Have you tried using a different USB/Ethernet cable?

cannot change cable running from built in memory card slot

Do you see any error messages or codes, and if so, what are they saying and where do you see them?

no if there was i would of quoted this in my original post

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your detailed response.

The issue sounds to be like a hardware issue. I would suggest a few steps. If they do not resolve the issue, you're looking at a new unit. I will leave HP's contact information below for you to reach them if you wish to discuss your next printer options, if needed!:)

1. Click this link and try looking for a paper jam. I understand there are no error messages, but these steps won't hurt to try for this type of problem: A 'Paper Jam' Message Displays for HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series (C310)

2. I sent you a private message with my final suggestion. Click the envelope icon at the top right of this page to access your inbox.

If you have any troubles with the steps, let me know and I will do my best to help.

To show appreciation for my attempt to help you out today, click the thumbs up below. Click the "Accept as Solution" if the issue has been resolved please and thanks! 😄

Good luck!

Contact HP:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

the solution in the PM solved the issue

HP Recommended

Great news @aj_white 🙂

I am glad the rest resolved the issue! Please click the "Accept as Solution" button in my last message to mark this thread as resolved!:)

Have a great week:D

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.