Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I recently purchased a new Win 8 desktop and installed the all inclusive HP driver for the Photosmart D7560.  The printer is working fine for photos and documents.  However, the Photosmart Essential software which allows me to create CD/DVD labels will not install on Win 8.  I am instructed to use Photo Creations.  Creations software does not allow me to create labels for printing on CD/DVDs.  When I contacted support for Creations, I was told the software does not have an application for printing on CD/DVDs.  I purchased the printer specifically to be able to print on CD/DVDs.  Does HP have a solution other than using a third party software?  Essentials wasn't great, but it worked perfectly with the printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Okay.....but you'd think HP would have thought about this printer option before forcing Creations on the Windows 7/8 community. Thanks for your thoughts.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
jfb7873,

Third party options seem to be the only method available currently. I have no information as to if or when Essentials would be supported under windows 8. 😞 Sorry.

Best of Luck!
You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
HP Recommended
Okay.....but you'd think HP would have thought about this printer option before forcing Creations on the Windows 7/8 community. Thanks for your thoughts.
HP Recommended

Why is this marked as solved? Try a 3rd party solution!? That's not a solution! I bought this printer because it could print to CD/DVDs!! Why should I now have to pay an additional fee for something that I'd already paid for and was working!!

Please resolve this issue!!

HP Recommended

Also, what 3rd party software out there works?

HP Recommended

I ended up using Photoshop Elements 10 and upgraded to version 12.   Cost:  $50-$100 depending on version and if you can get it on sale.  It  usually comes bundled with Adobe Premier for around $119.

HP Recommended

I have Adobe Photoshop - how do I use it with the printer?

HP Recommended

You have to create a new document that's about 4.5 inches in diameter..the size of a CD/DVD.  Then draw a circle on it from edge to edge to create the disc.  Add your text/picture remembering that the center will not print on the disc.  In the print menu, go to Page Setup and in Printing Shortcuts select Print on CD/DVD.  Settings should automatically be filled in.  Since I don't use Photoshop, these instructions may not be perfect.....you will have to use trial and error to get it to print correctly, but at least this is a start.  Good Luck!

HP Recommended

Thanks, that worked for me.  Does anyone know if Windows 10 is more compatible?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.