Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5604 e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Envy 5604 has started printing on the wrong side of the paper. Any suggestions for a fix please.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

could you please elaborate on the issue that you are facing. what kind of paper are you trying to print.

and what do you mean by wrong side....is it printing upside down? 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Hi Silvyg,

Thanks for your response, I shall try to clarify the problem.

If I have a sheet of paper which has been printed on one side already and I want to print something on the plain side. I would normally place the sheet in the paper drawer with the pre-printed side facing up and the new text would be printed on the plain side. However, on occasions this is not the case and the new text gets printed on the side that has been printed already. This does not happen all the time and there does not appear to be any pattern to it.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please refer to the below document,  since this is manual duplexing  the paper orientation has to be correct or else it wont print properly.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-5640-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6583033/document/c0440...

Hope this helps.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am aware of the proceedure for manual duplex printing and follow it to the letter. However, at times the printer will over-print on the pre-printed sheet which has been loaded in the correct orientation.

HP Recommended

Oh ok.....never come across such case.....may be the next time you can scan a sample page and attach it here and i'll look into it and also share the same with the engineering team as see if they have any ans to it.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.