Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I have tried to install photo paper and have set everything to photo paper. I have a MAC and have not been able to print any photos. The paper comes out with black lines striped across the entire page. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@CapriTI, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Which application are you trying to print from?

Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?

What size photo paper are you using?

Refer to this document to know how to load the photo papers.

Check the print settings on your MAC.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Spent about one hour on live chat with HP tech dept and they took over my computer. I have never had any problem printing photos from my printer before I used Instant Ink program. Since I've used the ink, I have not been able to print any photos. According to the HP tech dept, it's my rollers and I need a new printer. The photos print fine on plain paper but not on the Kodak glossy photo paper which is the only paper I've ever used. Very disappointing since the HP printer I purchased only a year and a half ago! I haven't decided how I will proceed with this issue...

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@CapriTI

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. To assist you further, I require additional information. I have sent you a private message, kindly revert.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.