Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Stone City Matte Inkjet Printable Magnetic Sheets

I'm printing out Save the Date magnets that have a photo of the couple. The photo is printing out very dark. Is there a setting on the printer that would lighten the photos?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@CrazyKathy

Welcome to HP support community.

Provide the printer model number or the product number?

Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My computer is 64-bit, using Windows 10. My printer is: HP Office jet Pro 6968.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

@CrazyKathy, thank you for the information.

• Which application are you trying to print from?
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?

Check the print settings. Make sure the correct paper type is selected.

Refer to this document to know how to change the print settings on your Windows PC

To know paper types supported by this printer, refer to product specifications (Paper-handling specifications)

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As far as I know, there isn't a setting that includes printable magnetic paper on the printer. Generally the color is fine, but for some reason it isn't consistently good with this paper and the printer.  I upload the picture to Cricut Design Space where I can print in my printer then cut it out using the Cricut.

HP Recommended

@CrazyKathy, I understand. According to the printer specifications, this printer does not support printing on Magnetic printable paper.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.