Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printing photos

HP Recommended
HPEnvy 4500

Hi,

I am having difficulty printing photos with my HP Envy 4500 All-in-one series printer. I have loaded the photo paper (Polaroid Premium gloss photo paper 7x5 220 gsm) but the printer is not reading the paper - it keeps stating that it is out of paper. I have followed the instructions carefully for loading the paper so I'm not sure what the problem is. Can you help?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,297 2,025
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Lorraine81,

Thank you for joining HP Forums! 🙂

I'll be glad to help you with your HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer.

As I understand that you are unable to print photos as the printer is giving you out of paper error message and you have done some preliminary troubleshooting.

I need few more details to find the accurate resolution for this issue.

Are you using Windows or a Mac PC to print?

Are you able to make a copy or print on a letter size paper?

Step 1: Reset the printer.

Resetting power to the printer forces the printer to reset stored values in the firmware.

• Make sure the printer is idle, not making any sounds, before continuing.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.
  • Try printing again and note what happens.
  • If the printer prints, you can stop troubleshooting.

If the issue persists you refer to this document and go through the section which shows how to load photo paper.

You can also refer to this article to further troubleshoot an out of paper issue.

Let me know the results after performing the troubleshooting.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation