03-16-2020 04:32 AM
I connect to my printer OK. It scans and prints direct scans OK. Ink levels OK
When I send a print job, get a print preview, the printer responds, then sounds like it's printing,
the paper feeds out as if it's printing but the paper is blank.
03-18-2020 07:59 AM
@Kriz1, Welcome to HP Support Comunity!
To provide you with an accurate solution, I'd like to know the following-
- May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.
- What is the Operating System installed on the computer?
- How is the printer connected to the computer?
- Is there any antivirus/security software installed on the computer?
- What is the error message when you try to print?
- Which application are you trying to print from?
Keep me posted for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee
03-18-2020 09:24 AM
Sorry, I should have put in it's an HP ENVY 4527 printer
It did print a few things out, but due to family problems I've hardly used it in the fifteen months (approx) that I've had it, in fact I've not long put in new cartridges for the first time.
It prints scans ok
and it makes all the noises you expect it to be printing but the paper comes out completely blank.
It obviously connects wirelessly without a problem.
03-19-2020 09:05 AM
@Kriz1, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Thanks for replying!
Follow the steps below to see if that resolves the issue-
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any print/scan issues.
For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor
Update the printer firmware
Download available firmware updates from the HP website
With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
8). Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.
If the issue persists, try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:
• Uninstall the print drivers with the same steps as above. Go to Control Panel - Devices and printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.
• When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.
• Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.
Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help.
Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee