Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all

I have been trying to get through to CS however the opening times are rediculous in that people who work 9-5 can’t contact them.

Anyway, I bought a new HP 2620 and the print quality has been poor.  I have lines through printing and the colours, especially reds are particularly faded, even though I have changed the print quality, clean heads aligned everything etc etc.  I have signed up to insta ink but I have probably used most of my allowance printing test pages.

Is this a problem with the cartridge or a problem with the printer?

If I can’t solve it by today i’m going to have to return it

Any help would be really appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jacka27,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.  I see from your post that you're having issues with the print quality while printing from your new HP DeskJet printer. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What happens when you try to print the print quality diagnostic report? or Are you able to make a copy from the printer?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Let's start off by updating the printer firmware. If your printer connected wirelessly, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to install the latest firmware update on your printer from our HP support website. Once done, restart the printer.

For more details on how to update, please use this link: HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to do a hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to print the print quality diagnostic report from the printer. 

For more details, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP DeskJet 2600 Printers - Fixing Poor Print Quality

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi after trying everything twice I took it back to the retailer as it wasn’t right.  I have installed the new one and it is working fine.  I’ll need to contact support to remove the old printer from my account as it won’t allow me to

HP Recommended

@Jacka27,

It's great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I'm glad to ear you were able to get this issue sorted by replacing the printer. 

Just wanted to check are you referring that you have 2 printers enrolled for Instant ink and you would like to remove one printer. 

Could you please elaborate more on this as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.