Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp office jet 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

set up printer with home network and wireless at the same time, depending which device I use? Or set up printer with usb wire in the computer and wireless at the same time, depending which device I use

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@totem06

Printer can not be connected through WiFi and Ethernet together.

If the printer is connected through Ethernet cable WiFi will not work.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@totem06

Welcome to HP support community.

Could you please explain what issue are you facing with the printer for further assistance?

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Sandy,

To add some clarity in my request,

Is it possible to plug the HP printer 8610 with ethernet wire to the home router and ask for printing wifi with an other device like a tablet or a cell phone? Because if I try this way, the wifi seems not working. Have got the message, the printer is not connected or detected. 

If the computer and the HP 8610 are connected together with usb cable, the computer can send a document to the printer and will be printed. All devices connected by wifi can also send to the printer. 

If the printer has only wifi connection to the home network, all devices can print.

But I have one desktop that doesn't have wifi, and the printer is located in an other room. If they are connected together with ethernet cable via the home router, this computer can print but no wifi printing is possible.

I think, I explain all the situation possible. I hope, I am clear now.

Thank you for your support.

Francois

HP Recommended

@totem06

Printer can not be connected through WiFi and Ethernet together.

If the printer is connected through Ethernet cable WiFi will not work.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.