Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to print text onto pre-printed cards that are 6.87" x 9.5" in potrait direction.  I followed the instructions on page 33 of the manual to print on custom paper size by adding a new "form" to printer control panel.  

The paper size does not show up on the printer as an option so I selected custom and put the cards in the tray.

Although the print displays correctly in the print preview it prints about halfway down the page (should be at bottom), and I have been unable to correct.

Any guidance would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@RJM66

Yes, custom form on the printer does not show custom dimensions - selecting "Custom" on the printer control panel is correct.

If you wish to create a custom form using the print software:

Control Panel > icon view > Devices and Printers >

Right-Click on your Printer > If necessary, select printer from drop down menu / list

Printing Preferences > tab Paper/Quality > Custom

Click the Custom button and add your paper information.

This adds the custom paper size to your Paper sizes.

Example:

Printing_Preferences_Quality-Paper_Custom_1Printing_Preferences_Quality-Paper_Custom_1

What else?

Check the Paper type (Media) in your Print Preferences > Paper Quality

Depending on the program you are using to create / submit the job, access to the print dialog might be the Properties box.

Select Media cardstock, brochure matte, something that indicates the paper is "thicker" than normal paper.  Do not select photo paper.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for the recommendations, but it is still not working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.