Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Premium Plus Photo paper
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I am using Photoshop to optimize my photos. Now, my issue is that printing photos with a Photosmart 7510 on Premium Plus photo paper gives different results than is shown on my calibrated Apple screen! Usually, a producer of photo paper will give you some software which you can import in Photoshop thus you can see how the print will look like and you can adjust the setting in Photoshop. However, I can not find any software for this photo paper! If there is none, I will have to discontinue using HP photo paper and go to Fuji who have this kind of software ... please help me with a piece of software.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @ljk1

I am afraid that HP does not have any such software which you can implement for the Photoshop program. But, you can check the print preview and change the color management before printing. 

I'd like you to go through the below links for more detailed printing information while using the Photoshop:

Link 1: https://adobe.ly/2ra0mHs 

Link 2: https://adobe.ly/2r9XV7S 

Hope that helps! Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @ljk1 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for your continued participation on the HP Forums. I’d like to be of your assistance!

Going through your post, I see that you are facing issues while printing photos using Photoshop on your MAC. First, try to reset the printing systems and then try printing again. Here are the steps:

• Click the Apple menu icon, and then click “System Preferences”.
  • Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.
  • Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.
  • Click “Reset” in the confirmation window.
  • Enter an administrator username and password, and then click “OK”.
  • Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list
  • Restart your computer and then go back to System preferences – Printers and scanners.
  • Click the “Add button” (+).
  • Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer.
  • Click “Print Using...”, and then select the name of your printer (By default “Airprint” would be selected)

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello HP friend,

Thanks for your help. It did not resolve my issue as the actual print is still a little more red than the Apple screen (which is a calibrated Thunderbold) shows. I did learn, however, that when printing I can choose the printer profile HP PS 7510_C311_Premium Plus Photo (Max DP). 

This doesn't help though as I have to choose the option 'Photoshop controls the colors' ...

Maybe you are a user of Photoshop. Then you know that there is the option to choose the option for proof printing in which you can find a profile for the photo printer / paper you will be using. Professional printing shops have on their website most of the times a smaal peace of software which you can import in Photoshop thus you can see on your screen how the final print will lool like. Such a peace of software from HP really would help me.

Hope this explanation is helpfull to you to sort out my issue.

Have a sunny day!

HP Recommended

Hello, @ljk1

I am afraid that HP does not have any such software which you can implement for the Photoshop program. But, you can check the print preview and change the color management before printing. 

I'd like you to go through the below links for more detailed printing information while using the Photoshop:

Link 1: https://adobe.ly/2ra0mHs 

Link 2: https://adobe.ly/2r9XV7S 

Hope that helps! Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

A good morning form tropical Netherlands,

As HP doesn't have this software, I am inclined to send photo's to a professional printing shop if there are many. If, however, it is about one or a few photo's, I will choose the option 'The printer will manage the color management' while using the option for max DPI and Premium photo paper. 

I just tested this and the result is ok.

Thanks for your help and have a perfect day,

Luc

HP Recommended

Hello, @ljk1

Thanks for the update!

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.