12-06-2019 11:45 AM
Hi there, my prints are coming out misaligned. I have tried the virtual agent but they haven't been able to help.
I don't have an option to align print heads in the printer settings. My paper is A4 clean and straight in the paper tray, but my prints are coming out wonky! The white space (margin) at the top left is smaller than the bottom left and my prints are skewed and cutting parts off.
The colours are all aligned but not the prints themselves, I've tried printing a print alignment test page but that is not straight either and I don't think there is any use me scanning this as it will only set the scanner (which is working fine) wonky too.
Can anyone help please?
12-09-2019 10:56 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Does this happen while copying too?
There should be an option to align the printheads:
On the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon .
Swipe up on the display, and then touch Printer Maintenance.
Touch Align Printhead, and then touch Continue.
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee