02-04-2020 12:23 PM
For some reason I cannot seem to get a regular copy made. Every time I put a page in to make a copy, the printer tells me I have incorrect paper in it. It says Copy does not support A5 (148 X 210 mm). But it is the right paper. It is your basic 8.5 X 11 copy paper. I have tried everything. If I continue I get a partial copy, something is always left out.
02-07-2020 03:13 AM - edited 02-07-2020 03:13 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the copy issue.
Let's try these steps -
1. Take out the cartridges.
2. Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.
3. Wait for 30 seconds.
4. Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.
5. Insert the cartridges back into the printer.
Let's try these steps to make a copy -
From the printer's control panel, touch Copy > Document > Copy Settings > Resize
Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
If the issue still persists, try restoring the printer settings to defaults using these steps -
1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).
2. Touch Printer Maintenance .
3. Touch Restore.
4. Touch Restore Factory Defaults.
A message appears stating that the factory defaults will be restored.
5. Touch Continue.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee