Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610

I have a problem with my HP8610 printer and I need help.

When I try to print Avery labels model 02102 (small circle labels), the sheet goes in and when it comes out, 1 or more labels have peeled off and are stuck IN the printer. I'm not sure what's happening, I used to print tons of those labels and now I just can't get a single sheet to print correctly. When this happens, I have to unplug, open the back, use tweezers to get to the labels that are stuck and can resume regular printing after I have pulled everything out.

Am I the only one with this problem? Maybe my machine is due for a cleaning. I am a teacher and I do print a lot.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Seahsuite

Your Media type (kind of paper) should be set to Brochure matte/glossy or similar heavy paper for the current print job.

If settings are all "as expected" for this type of job, the printer may need to be checked.

See:

The document includes instructions for "cleaning".

References

Printer Homepage

Drivers, Software and Videos, How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, and more

HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One Printer series

Dragon Document - Help, suggestions, and examples:

Printing Labels_Business-Cards_Cards

Print Labels, Business Cards, Cards, Booklet

Section(s)

• Preparation and Setup
  • Labels, Cards, and Business Cards
    • Office Word
    • Avery Design and Print (through Windows 10) and Mac
    • Avery Wizard for Word (through Windows 😎

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Seahsuite

Your Media type (kind of paper) should be set to Brochure matte/glossy or similar heavy paper for the current print job.

If settings are all "as expected" for this type of job, the printer may need to be checked.

See:

The document includes instructions for "cleaning".

References

Printer Homepage

Drivers, Software and Videos, How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, and more

HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One Printer series

Dragon Document - Help, suggestions, and examples:

Printing Labels_Business-Cards_Cards

Print Labels, Business Cards, Cards, Booklet

Section(s)

• Preparation and Setup
  • Labels, Cards, and Business Cards
    • Office Word
    • Avery Design and Print (through Windows 10) and Mac
    • Avery Wizard for Word (through Windows 😎

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you so much much for your advice. It worked! I wonder why I never had that problem until now but at least now I know what to do to not have to print wtih a pair of tweezers in hand!

HP Recommended

@Seahsuite

You are welcome.

I do not print "a lot" -- what I do print is sometimes custom or "odd ball".  Smiling.

Have some fun with label printing -- if you have not done so, remember you can add tiny little photos, fancy text, and images to your labels, too.

Happy Printing!

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

This just happened to my 7740, but I cannot find the missing stickers. Small ones, have looked front and back. Please advise.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.