Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Office Jet V40
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just downloaded Windows 10 64 bit on my Asus laptop and now my Office Jet V40 all-in-one printer will not work properly.  I tried to download new drivers for Windows 10 64 bit multiple times from the HP driver downloads website but nothing happened.  I ran the HP print and scan doctor multiple times and it said I had a port match problem, but it was not able to resolve it after restarting my laptop.  Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Gator44,

Welcome to th eHP support forums.

I understand that you are trying to connect your Officejet v40 to your Windows 10 computer.

When I researched the compatible HP printers list for Windows 10, the v40 is on there. 

HP Printers - Windows 10 Compatible Printers

It recommends the Windows Update driver. This means that there is no, or should not be any driver download.

How do I install the Windows in-OS and Update drivers?

Go to HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for steps on how to install the Windows driver for your printer, and to troubleshoot any installation issues.

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Gator44,

Welcome to th eHP support forums.

I understand that you are trying to connect your Officejet v40 to your Windows 10 computer.

When I researched the compatible HP printers list for Windows 10, the v40 is on there. 

HP Printers - Windows 10 Compatible Printers

It recommends the Windows Update driver. This means that there is no, or should not be any driver download.

How do I install the Windows in-OS and Update drivers?

Go to HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for steps on how to install the Windows driver for your printer, and to troubleshoot any installation issues.

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I had problems getting my OfficeJet v40 to work with my new computer and Windows 7,8 and 10 (after using it with Windows XP).  It would partially print the first few lines then spit my page out.  When I ran Scan Doctor it said I had a port problem.  I looked at the USB connection and noticed I had plugged it into a USB 3 port.  I then unplugged it and replugged it into an older USB 2 port.  NOW IT PRINTS!  fyi Port is showing as DOT4_001.  

HP Recommended

My printer does exactly the same thing.  It prints the first few lines of whatever document I try to print.  It doesn't matter whether it's an office doc, a PDF, a webpage, etc.  Unfortunately, I already tried plugging my printer into one of the older USB 2 ports on my laptop, and it still won't work correctly.

HP Recommended

Just purchased a computer with windows 10. My HP Officejet V40 works well but I was told Windows 10 drivers do not support. Before buying a new Printer, is there a fix?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with a HP G85 printer. Worked fine with Win7 but will only print a partial page in Win10. Plugged into USB 2.0 port, but still have same problem!

Any solution here??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.