Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8630
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi:

They yellow cartridge in the printer ran out of ink.  Normally this isn't a problem.  I opened my new package of ink and replaced the yellow cartridge.  The printer freaked out and said that there was something wrong with the cartridge.  Ok, so I put the old one back in, no problems.  Today I went and bought a new set of color cartridges and replaced the yellow cartridge with the one out of the the new box.  Nope, same thing.  It says the cartridge appears to be damaged.  It's new!  There really can't be something wrong with every cartridge.  Any ideas?  I really need to be able to print some items in the next day or so.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I ended up having to purchase a new printer. This time I purchased the extended warranty. Thanks so much for your help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Exact part number of the HP cartridges you had and the new ones you used?
HP Recommended

I'm using the 950/951 series.  The 951 yellow is the one giving me trouble.

I looked through the manual for this printer and it had nothing about this error message.  😞

HP Recommended

Print cartridge issues with new firmware.   Does your printer have this issue?

HP Officejet Pro 8610, 8615, 8620, 8625, 8630 Printer Errors

http://inkjet411.com/?page_id=5769

HP 950, 950XL, 951, 951XL ” Missing or Damaged Cartridge ” Errors

http://inkjet411.com/?page_id=4675

HP Recommended

Mine aren't refilled cartridges.  Those articles are both for refilled cartridges.

Do you think those might be the same issues?

HP Recommended
I ended up having to purchase a new printer. This time I purchased the extended warranty. Thanks so much for your help.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.