Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium

My printer stopped printing because the Cyan ink was low. I bought the set of cartridges and replaced the cyan cartridge with the printer still indicating it was empty. I tried resetting the computer as indicated by your website support procedures waiting for 60 seconds and also cleaned all the cartridges with no resolution. I bought a second set of cartridges thinking that the new cyan cartridge may have been defective. Now I am out of $240 that I paid in cartridges without resolution! 

The printer now displays "There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn power off, then on. If problem persists, contact HP." The problem persists with no one to talk to for support.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank You for contacting HP. I do understand your concern, however do not worry, I will assist you in best possible way.

Please try the steps below:- 

Open the Top Cover of the Printer while it is Powered on to see the Cartridges and Printhead.

The Cartridge comes to the left after some movement.

Lift the White/gray latch at the right side of the Cartridge.

Remove the Print Head along with the Cartridges.

At the Rear of the Printhead there will be Copper Contacts.

Clean the Electrical Copper Contacts using lint free cloth and water, leave for drying for 2 to 3 minutes.

Ensure the extra water from the cloth is squeezed before you clean.

Then remove each cartridge one by one, there will be golden chip on each cartridge.

Clean the chips the same way and ensure to leave for drying then install the cartridge back.
Do it one by one for each cartridge.

Then Install the Printhead along with the cartridge and lower the latch.

Power off and power on the printer to see if the error is gone or remains.

If the error remains, then again remove the Printhead along with the cartridges. Lower the cover, Re-open the cover and install the Printhead back. No need to clean this time.l

Check the results.

Try this for a 3rd time if needed.

If the issue remains then check the ink levels and replace any empty cartridge.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

I´m an HP employee
HP Recommended

We received an email fro HP support on steps to resolve the issue by removing the print head along with the cartridges and cleaning the copper contacts. We did this 3 times as instructed and we still receive the same error message. We can not clear the error message even after a power rest of 60 seconds.

HP Recommended

Hi,

This looks like a Hardware issue with a part of the printer.

I would request you to please contact Live Support on 18004746836 for further help.

I´m an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.