01-13-2020 01:32 PM
I have reviewed some of the other "fixes" for printers that have an error message of "print cartridges not found "when they are in the printer. I want to continue to use this printer as it works well with my old computer and I use it for tax purposes. I do recognize that cleaning the heads will help but it looks as tho some of the ink may have leaked out on to the terminals inside the printer. Can anyone suggest how to clean and keep this old guy going?
01-16-2020 09:59 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
You may user paper towels to clean the spilled ink inside the printer.
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Also, perform step 3 mentioned in this document.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee