Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Is anyone else having problems with the Photo 7855 printer? I have had it replaced once by HP but the replacement sometimes prints and sometimes doesn't. I quite often get an error message that it is out of paper when there is paper in both the main and photo tray. At first it was just trying to print photos but now it is doing the same thing when I try to print documents or 8x10 pictures. I am about to give up on HP products although I have had many including other printers, desktops and laptops. I have been through customer support twice for the problem and it helped temporarily but then it came back.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@JBFL, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I called a support tech 2 days ago and, while I did not have a problem printing while on the phone, we did work out that I would continue using the printer and if the problem continued, I was given a number to call to facilitate getting another replacement printer. So far, the printer is working correctly. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.