Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 7645
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I installed my printer, I set it up to print over the WiFi connection and it worked great for about 3 prints and then just stopped working.  If I delete that printer and reinstall it, it will work again but only for a few prints and then will stop working.  Any ideas on why this is happening? It appears to be online and shows that it's connected to the WiFi.  I can't find anything else that's wrong with it. It still prints fine through the USB. The WiFi just won't stay connected and it happens on both my and my husband's computers. Thanks in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@narsal

Please give your printer a fix (or static) IP address, this may help.

1. Record its existing IP address (touch to the antenna symbol),
2. Touch Home then touch Setup,
3. Touch Network setup,
4. Touch Wireless settings,
5. Touch Advanced settings,
6. Touch IP settings
7. Touch Ok,
8. Touch Manual,
9. Touch IP Address (it should show existing IP address)
10. Now change the last 3 digits from something to something greater than 100
11. Touch Done then Ok

Reboot the printer.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@narsal

Please give your printer a fix (or static) IP address, this may help.

1. Record its existing IP address (touch to the antenna symbol),
2. Touch Home then touch Setup,
3. Touch Network setup,
4. Touch Wireless settings,
5. Touch Advanced settings,
6. Touch IP settings
7. Touch Ok,
8. Touch Manual,
9. Touch IP Address (it should show existing IP address)
10. Now change the last 3 digits from something to something greater than 100
11. Touch Done then Ok

Reboot the printer.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks, I'll try that! Do you I need to go in and make any changes on my computer software for it to sync up to the new IP address or will it automatically find it?

HP Recommended

@narsal wrote:

Thanks, I'll try that! Do you I need to go in and make any changes on my computer software for it to sync up to the new IP address or will it automatically find it?

Hi,

No, no need to change from computers

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

It's been a few weeks now and this seems to have solved the problem! Thanks so much for your help. It was really frustrating!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.