Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet pro 9025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am getting "protocol not supported" error when setting up scan to sharepoint on the EWS of the printer . I have been trying to fix this problem for weeks now.i am using an online sharepoint and i made sure that all credentials entered were correct. Also, the folder I will be saving the scans to is shared to all user. Please help

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@JenesisPogi

Welcome to HP support community.

Restore the factory settings on the printer.

1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).

2. Touch Printer Maintenance .

3. Touch Restore.

4. Touch Restore Factory Defaults. A message appears stating that the factory defaults will be restored.

5. Touch Continue.

Update the printer firmware

Refer this HP document for the steps to update firmware:- Click here

Reconfigure scan to sharepoint again

Refer this HP document for the steps to reconfigure from EWS page:- Click here

(Note:- Though this document is for different printer model, these steps should fix the issue)

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Didn't work for me. Still an issue.

HP Recommended

@JRJenZen

Welcome to HP support community.

I made a research on this printer model and noticed that this printer does not support scan to Sharepoint.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

But it does 🙂

It's an option on the printer. 

HP Recommended

@JRJenZen

Provide the printer model number for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdn

HP Recommended

I also just bought a 9025 and can't get the scan to sharepoint feature working.  I've been calling HP and bounced around their support reps 6+ times to multiple departments and nobody knows what I'm talking about.  The current engineer I'm talking to says that the feature isn't supported on the printer.  But it comes shipped with the scan to sharepoint feature on the printer, its printed on the box as a feature, its in the product information marketing materials.  I do not understand how a company like HP can ship a produce with marketed features that are not actually supported.  How is that HP is not being sued over this?  Support is useless, I bought a printer that HP can't support.  Great.  

HP Recommended

Same issue with the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdn.

HP Recommended

I have Color Laserjet Pro MFP M479fnw, i have the same issue.  i need this to work, as i will also need more units that do this.  Please advise!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.