Did you mean: 
AmeetKenya
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Purchased the wrong zone ink

Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello users......Recently I bought an original HP ink 951 XL from online....to my surprise it is not compatible with my printer....I have identified the problem that my printer is of Zone 40 and I am getting the ink of Zone 20...

Now I am not in a position to change the printer as it just 1 year old.....how do I find a solution 

3 REPLIES 3
Level 16
Level 16
32,809 26,178 2,389 8,174
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What country are you in?  Your profile suggests the United States, where the correct part number would be -Z10.  In this case you would need a regionalization reset.  If you are in a different country that uses the -Z40 cartridges you will need to return the -Z20 cartridges to your supplier for a proper -z40 replacement.

Let me know what country you are in and I can make a more specific recommendation.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

AmeetKenya
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Bob....I am in Kenya and purchased the printer in Kenya itself.

Now even the inks I am purchasing from Kenya. But when I purchased the printer in 2017, there was no such zonal system. Hence I think I will have to do regionalized resetting of my printer. Kindly assist me where can I get it done

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
32,809 26,178 2,389 8,174
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The best results seem to be to contact HP Support through their Facebook Support page here: https://www.facebook.com/HPSupport/

Alternately you can Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.  Be aware that only a limited number of agents have access to the regionalization reset tools.  You may need to ask to have your case escalated to an agent with access to the proper tools.

The regionalization reset is covered by cartridge warranty, see the document here for information.

Please post back here with your results, especially if you need additional assistance.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation