Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I’ve recently bought ENVY 5010. The order of the printer says that it comes with 12 months of Instant Ink Trial Black. What does it mean? That I’ll get a black cartridge free of charge during these 12 months?

I also enrolled for the 15 pages a month free ink Plan. Does this mean that I’ll get a free ink cartridge (black of colour) every 15 pages printed or every month?

Yesterday a message appeared on the screen of the printer saying that my free enrolment ink plan was cancelled. But I didn’t cancel it. Why it was cancelled?

And my last question is if I should have the printer turned on all the time. I don’t use the printer that often. I might use it only two or three times a month. So should I have it turned off and then turn it on only when I need to print something?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @8844R

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

When you sign up for an HP Instant Ink plan, you pay a monthly fee to print a defined number of pages per month. The plans are based on the number of pages that you print, not on how many ink cartridges you use. You'll be sent both color and black ink cartridges. 

You will only get cartridges when your printer tells us you need them. HP Instant Ink cartridges are extra high capacity, and they contain months-worth of ink depending on your usage. You can print as much as you want as long as you are enrolled in HP Instant Ink. 

You don't have to leave your printer powered on all the time, but do ensure to power it on and connect it to the internet every now and then as this process will update the pages printed and ink levels with the Instant Ink server. 

You will not be charged anything unless you print more than 15 pages and ink will be shipped to you when low ink level is detected. You can be a part of this plan as long as you are enrolled in Instant Ink. So, this plan is free as long as you have the printer or as long as you are enrolled in Instant Ink. 

However, if you want the 12 months free, you need to upgrade the plan to 50 or 100 or 300 page-plan. As the 15-page plan is free by default but for the other page plan, there'll be a charge once you have exhausted your 12-months trial.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @8844R

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

When you sign up for an HP Instant Ink plan, you pay a monthly fee to print a defined number of pages per month. The plans are based on the number of pages that you print, not on how many ink cartridges you use. You'll be sent both color and black ink cartridges. 

You will only get cartridges when your printer tells us you need them. HP Instant Ink cartridges are extra high capacity, and they contain months-worth of ink depending on your usage. You can print as much as you want as long as you are enrolled in HP Instant Ink. 

You don't have to leave your printer powered on all the time, but do ensure to power it on and connect it to the internet every now and then as this process will update the pages printed and ink levels with the Instant Ink server. 

You will not be charged anything unless you print more than 15 pages and ink will be shipped to you when low ink level is detected. You can be a part of this plan as long as you are enrolled in Instant Ink. So, this plan is free as long as you have the printer or as long as you are enrolled in Instant Ink. 

However, if you want the 12 months free, you need to upgrade the plan to 50 or 100 or 300 page-plan. As the 15-page plan is free by default but for the other page plan, there'll be a charge once you have exhausted your 12-months trial.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.