Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (135 Views)

Question related to image quality

Product Name: HP ENVY Photo 6200 All-in-One Printer series
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've recently purchased the model above and I tried to print a couple of images using some various settings. Is there something that I can do to get around my problems?

1. Black and white printing or blacks on color images

When printing in black and white the image has a clear purple tint compared to the same image being printed at a lab. It is not that obvious, when I look at a single image, but visible. Compared to the lab print it is obvious.

I tried to print from JPG and also the raw from Lightroom and the result was similar although Lightroom produced slightly better result than printing the JPG from HP Photo Impression

2. Sometimes when printing (mostly in color) then I can see some thin line at the same part of the image. Not obvious and not on every picture, but noticable if checked closely. Problem is more visible when printing from LR.

3. I was looking for a printer profile I could use in LR, but I couldn't find it on HP sites. Any idea where to look?

Thanks and BR,

// Tibor

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 6 (111 Views)

Re: Question related to image quality

@TibWeb

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that your printer is not printing in color. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any hardware or software changes?
  • Are you able to print from other applications like MS Word, Notepad.

Meanwhile:

If this issue started after updating to windows 10, follow the below steps.

Uninstall the printer software and install the printer with windows built in drivers.

Watch this YouTube video to uninstall the printer software.

You can also refer this document for more steps.

Install the printer with windows builtin driver.

You can refer this YouTube video to install the printer.

For more steps refer this HP Document.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (96 Views)

Hi,

Answering your questions.

• I've just purchased the printer and installed all the drivers. Everything seems working fine (with some minor SW issues on the PC side, but ignore that for now)
  • I can print from any application I tried
  • No changes and as the printer is a new purchase I have no baseline to compare
  • I use WIN10 and all drivers look fine

My questions are

• is it reasonable to have some tint on the black and white photo? As I told it is not like the black is blue, but when you compare it to a real black then there is a difference. I can try to scan the lab print and print from the printer if you'd like to take a look. I am not sure if that will help, but maybe.
  • The lines I've seen when printing from Lightroom were not there when printing from HP Photo Assistant. I will try some more seeting, but I prefer to complete my trials before I run out of the inital ink provided with the printer. Also I have about 2 weeks if I'd like to return the printer.

At this point I'd like to decide if it worths to keep the printer or not and if yes, then definetely I will sign up to the HP Instant Ink model, but before I'd like to know if what I see are

• some limitation because of the printer (e.g. black won't be black due to something)
  • some issue with my printer (printer and not model specific)
  • some issue with my settings related to the printer + Windows (drivers, interfaces)
  • some issue with the settings in LR (for the line problem)

Thanks and BR,

Tibor

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6 (82 Views)

@TibWeb

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I understand the issue better now.

Follow the below steps to fix this issue;

A Print Quality Diagnostic Page helps identify the source of print quality issues.

1. Make sure there is U.S. letter or A4 size, unused, plain paper in the input tray.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Setup icon .

3. Touch Tools.

4. Swipe down, and then touch Print Quality Report.

A Print Quality Diagnostic Page prints.

Figure : Example of the Print Quality Diagnostic Page

Example of the Print Quality Diagnostic Page

To print high quality black & white documents or photos, print in Print in Grayscale or High Quality Grayscale.

1. In your software application, click Print.

2. Select your printer from the list of available printers.

3. Click the option that opens the Printer Properties dialog box.

Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer, or Preferences.

4. On the properties window, click the Paper/Quality or Features tab, depending on your software.

• To print using only the black ink cartridge, change one of the following settings depending on what displays.

• Click Advanced, click Print in Grayscale, and then select Black Ink Only.

• Click the Black & White button.

NOTE:

To use even less black ink at a lower quality, select the Draft quality setting when available.

• To print high quality black & white documents or photos, change one of the following settings depending on what displays.

• Click Advanced, click Print in Grayscale, and then select Print in Grayscale or High Quality Grayscale.

• Click Print in Grayscale, and then select High Quality Grayscale.

NOTE:

The printer uses a mix of black and color inks to produce a high quality black printout.

5. Click OK, and then click Print to start the print job.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (67 Views)

Hi,

I tried you proposals but there are no clear issues on the test pages and the result is still similar. I uploaded a couple of pictures that I took with the prints and the photo book I have as an example. Of course it is possible that the photo book is enhanced but the pictures I am seeing on my monitor and in the book is fairly similar, but the print has issues.

Also depending on the application or format I am using I can see a clear difference between the prints so some of my issues may be related to the printer profile somehow I beleive, but on the other hand I get more tint with HP Photo creation than with Lightroom.  Here are some examples of the printed pictures vs the photo book. Even though colors are not exactly accurate you can see a clear difference between the print and the photo album and the album has correct colors.

Again my first question is that is this acceptable or there is some problem with my process or the printer.  Do you have some black and white photo that I could print and it should produce proper print for example? That would clarify if I am expecting too much from the printer or there is some issue on my side.

I also tried pinting using the black ink only (no photo is uploaded), but there I had a lot of loss of details on the black areas. Something that I may try later...

I uploaded the scanned diagnostic print after the 2nd cleaning. Maybe you take a look as I can see some issue when it starts printing the black. I marked the part with RED.

Do you have any more suggestion?

BR,

// Tibor

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6 (52 Views)

@TibWeb

Thanks for the response.

This issue may require one to one interaction with the HP Phone Support.

I suggest that you contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Cheers.

sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation