Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thusly
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Can't Print Black Ink

I still can't print black after scraping the orange dots and adding a few drops of hot water. The print quality diagnosis leaves the black box blank.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Level 16
Level 16
32,809 26,178 2,389 8,174
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model?  Are there any error messages on the printer or computer screen?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
thusly
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The printer that is not printing black is an 'All In One' 7520. It prints black photo and all colors. I've run diagnostics several times as well as the alignment tools. The cartridge is a new 564 XL  and I removed the orange protrusions and cleared the vent hole . I also cleaned the printer head. I am going to try another cartridge and if it still doesn't work, buy a new printer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
32,809 26,178 2,389 8,174
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve black not printing on your Photosmart 7520.  Unlike the printer model in the original thread, your printer has a removable printhead.  I would recommend going through the first sixteen steps in the document in order until the issue is resolved.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation