Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi DML8a. Unfortunately, your version of the problem isn't unique, as I have the same problem.

Like others on this thread, I have a Mac  (running macOS Sierra) and after almost a year of no problems at all as the wireless printer for everyone in our household, my Envy 7640 also started generating the "paper tray empty" error, also turns itself off and "can't be found" and ALSO occasionally randomly clears the print queue by printing all of the backlogged print jobs.

I bought this printer for the ease of use of HP's instant ink program, and I'm growing to HATE it. I never should have given up my Canon. Sigh!

I've been using various workarounds like the ePrint option, but I'm getting sick of the cumbersome aspect of printing that way. I just need this thing to work for me, my husband, and our kids' homework. ARGH! I'm ready to throw this thing out and start broadcasting my INTENSE discontent with this printer to anyone who will listen. 

I hope someone at HP sees this thread, recognizes the similarities, and can come up with something other than a canned answer or an "it's Apple's fault" to help all of us with these very similar versions of the same problem?? What did those of you who posted this problem 6 - 9 months ago finally figure out as a solution, if anything?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@WorkingSoccrMom,

Thank you for your reply, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I returned the printer to Amazon. There was never any solution provided by HP that actually worked. Next printer will NOT be HP, that's for sure. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.