Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firewoman827
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Font on print jobs too large

When I print from my HPEnvy 4520, it prints way too large and I don't know how to change font. I am pretty computer illiterate so please don't just tell me to change it in the browser....as I have no clue how to do that! haha  I usually use Safari to browse things. Could someone help me please?  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,668 4,662 306 302
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@firewoman827

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand the fonts on the printed page is large. Not to worry, I'll be glad to help you out. However, for an accurate solution, I would need more details:

Are you printing from a Mac PC, iPhone or iPad?

Does it happen when you copy a document?

Let me know!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

firewoman827
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@senan6806 wrote:

@asKedProbing Questions

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand the fonts on the printed page is large. Not to worry, I'll be glad to help you out. However, for an accurate solution, I would need more details:

Are you printing from a Mac PC, iPhone or iPad?

Does it happen when you copy a document?

Let me know!

Thank you for responding. I don’t have a way to copy items on this printer, the scanner doesn’t work. But It seems to be too large when I try to print from my Mac and also from my iPhone. Please let me know what I can try to fix this.  Please respond in very obvious language as I am pretty much computer illiterate!  Lol. Thank you! 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,668 4,662 306 302
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@firewoman827

Updating Mac, iPhone, printer and then adjusting the font settings may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

1.) Use the steps available here to update your iPhone.

2.) Use the steps available here to update your Mac PC.

3.) Use the steps available here to update the printer firmware.

Once you are update Mac, iPhone and printer, use the steps below to adjust the font settings on your Mac PC and iPhone:

iPhone:

1.) On your iPhone, go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Text Size.

2.) Drag the slider to select the font size you want.

3.) Try to print.

Mac PC:

1.) One your Mac PC open Safari, press Option-Command-Minus sign (-) to decrease the font size or go to the View menu and hold down the Option key while you select Make Text Smaller.

2.) Try to print.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,668 4,662 306 302
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@printj1

Have you tried adjusting the Zoom level on Safari? In order to decrease the Zoom level, open Safari, press and hold the Command key and then press Minus sign (-) or click the View menu and click Zoom Out.

You may also try printing the PDF document as an image, refer to this document.

Keep me posted!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Womdad2
2 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an iPhone 11

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,686 4,671 361 378
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Womdad2, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To be able to assist you better, I would like to know the following:

1) Does this happen with any particular application or all applications?

2) Are you using HP smart to print from your iPhone?

If printed text is too small or too large than expected, change the font size or page scale settings in the application you are printing from.

Refer to this document for help.

Let me know the outcome.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation