Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

my hp officejet pro 6830 has stopped printing with blue ink.  I have performed all of the suggestions that I have found at the hp website but nothing helps.  i am a low volume printer so it is not the face that i wore it out.  any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@4fluffs

Welcome to HP forums, I see that your printer is not printing in blue color.

I am eager to assist you.

Did you check the ink levels of the cartridges?

Did you make sure the cartridges are properly vented and seated correctly

If not, refer this HP document for more troubleshooting steps:- Click here 

If you have done all the troubleshooting steps, still the issue persists

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@4fluffs

Welcome to HP forums, I see that your printer is not printing in blue color.

I am eager to assist you.

Did you check the ink levels of the cartridges?

Did you make sure the cartridges are properly vented and seated correctly

If not, refer this HP document for more troubleshooting steps:- Click here 

If you have done all the troubleshooting steps, still the issue persists

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I put in new cartridges (all of them including black) because I thought that the blue might have dried out. I cleaned the print head, aligned the print head, printed a diagnostic page, etc. and it still does not print or blend the blue.
HP Recommended

@4fluffs

Thanks for your reply. I truly appreciate your patience and efforts.

As @sandytechy20 is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

I understand that all are new ink cartridges. In case you have an alternate blue (cyan) ink cartridge then you may try to use it and check if the blue color prints well.

In case you do not have a blue ink cartridge or if the issue still persists after installed a replacement blue ink cartridge, then it could be because of a defective printhead. In such a case please refer to my private message suggesting the next course of  action. 

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Let me know how it goes.

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

I have put in three blue cartridges (I have always used HP cartridges and performed all of the functions recommended by you. The printer still will not print blue. I am very frustrated by this situation. Please advise. 

HP Recommended

@4fluffs

I read that the issue persists even after using three different blue ink cartridges. I understand your concern,

I have sent you a private message for further assistance. 

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

What were the private messages? My 6830 wont print blue and i also have done all it says on the site,

HP Recommended

Hello,

Can you please assist me.

I have the same issue as @4fluffs.

My printer will not print blue ink.

I have done all that is advised.

HP Recommended

Can you share the solution with me too?

sincerely, no blues

HP Recommended

@Worldpod

Welcome to HP support community.

Provide the printer model number or the product number?

is the copy quality is fine?

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.