Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem but the fix didn't work for me.  I get the error message I get yellow waring sign and message

HP ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One is currently unavailable. Please check if it is turned on and connected, or try again later."  Everything else works but the HP scan software.  I can scan form the simple Apple scan utility and I can print.  I have Mac OS Sierra Version 10.12.1 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Holzerman Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts,

The reason the regular app isn't working is probably because it's not compatible with the MacOS you have.

I would recommend using the HP easy scanner until the other app has an update available for Mac, although I don't have any details about when it would be available as such.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Holzerman

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,
The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I saw your post about not being able to print from your computer running MacOS Sierra and sometimes will see a scanner error.
If you've already done the previously mentioned steps,

My first suggestion would be to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor either fix or identify the cause of the issue.

If you do see an error with the driver, such as a conflict, try:

Please download and install the HP Easy Scan App to see if that will allow you to scan from the ADF. Use the HP Easy Scan App.

·         HP Easy Scan

If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Easy Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, open the Presets menu, select Edit Settings, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu.

·         Apple Image Capture

In the Scan Mode menu, select Document Feeder.

·         HP Scan

If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, click Scan, click Show Details, select Document from the Type menu, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu.

I also suggest using the Apple Scan while you wait for the HP software to be updated. You can use the following link to confirm your printer is still compatible with your OS: 
Printer and scanner software for MacOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks.

Mac Basics: Using a scanner

For related links, please click here.

To troubleshoot MacOS Sierra Problems: Click here

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

​​​​​​​

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The HP Easy Scanner worked for me.  It's not bad.  The regular software is better but I can't get it to work with my Macbook.

HP Recommended

@Holzerman Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts,

The reason the regular app isn't working is probably because it's not compatible with the MacOS you have.

I would recommend using the HP easy scanner until the other app has an update available for Mac, although I don't have any details about when it would be available as such.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Your analysis makes sense to me.  I can't seem to find a place to click "accept as solution".  Maybe I'm dense but I looked all over and couldn't find it.  

Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.