Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet 6500 E709n printer.  I get the following error message when I turn the printer on:

"Ink system failure.  Please turn printer off and then on".

I have followed all of the steps suggested. I have done hard reset 3 times. I still get the same error message.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @awehrman,

Thanks for visiting the HP community.  A good day to you. I came across your post where you require assistance with ink system failure errors on the printer. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Splendid effort and superb description of the issue. Kudos to you on that score.

🙂

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this.

• Did this happen after replacing ink cartridges?
  • Did this happen after a power surge or outage?

It looks like a hardware issue with the printer.

Please perform all the prescribed steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/id-en/product/hp-officejet-6500-all-in-one-printer-series-e709/3795309/model/... for ink system failure issues. If the printer does not have a hardware issue, then the issue will get fixed.

• Step 1: Use genuine HP ink cartridges
  • Step 2: Reset the printer
  • Step 3: Check estimated ink levels
  • Step 4: Clean the ink cartridge vents and contacts
  • Step 5: Clean the printhead with an automated tool
  • Step 6: Manually clean the printhead
  • Step 7: Replace the printhead
  • Step 8: Service the printer

If this does not resolve the issue, please contact HP phone support to get the printer replaced.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

• (1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • (2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • (3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • (4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps.

Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solutionas it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.