Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello, 

That did not work for me. Installation fails during communication with printer and I'm getting message that printer can not be installed on the network.

Udklip.JPG

I have tried without FW also, did not help.

I run out of ideas. Other PCs can print to the same printer.

Anything else can be done? May be try other (older14.x.x.x) driver?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@KotD

Could you please help me with the exact model name or the product number and the operating system of the computer?

Keep me posted.

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

@KotD,

After the first time I’ve used the printer from my PC she didn’t work again. So, I’ve tried again the same operations but nothing. At that point, I’ve removed the software from the Control Panel and removed the printer and the driver package from “Print Management”.

- Windows Reboot -

Did this, I’ve installed the last driver software and, as if be magic, she didn’t work. 

I noticed that after the installation of latest driver software, in the “Devices and Printers”, the printer she did not have the driver. From there, I’ve removed the printer without removing the software from the “Control Panel”. 

- Windows Reboot -

I added new printer from “Devices and Printers”indicating the IP address of my HP printer. The system has installed the driver and now I am able to print.

HP Recommended

HP p6-2421eo

AMD A8-5500

Win 10 home 1803 build 17134.1006

HP Recommended

That does not work for me, if I leave newest HP driver sw installed it removes printer from devices menu, attempt to add printer again without  removing driver makes process hand on establishing communication to printer phase.

HP Recommended

Do you tried with ping test to printer or deactivating Windows firewall or other Antimalware?

Try also a clean boot of Windows.

HP Recommended

Ping works. I have tied without FW and Claen boot. nothing of those helps.

PC can see printer but as soon as I try to add printer (in devices) it communicates with it but fails to register it. It comes back with "unknown status" and removes it on next reboot.  

HP Recommended

Have you already tried the diagnostic software while you have the printer connected?

If you don't have any software or driver of your printer installed in your system try first to add the printer form Windows.

Below the steps:

- Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Add Printer > Add a printer using the IP address

01.jpg02.jpg

HP Recommended

I have tied with installed latest driver and delete all drivers and try to add it.

I also removed all drivers, in this case PC finds printer, tries to communicate to printer during driver installation and reports back that driver does not exists.

Does it uses any types of certificate when it connects? It can see the printer but fail to install driver. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.