Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I've been unable to print since last week, and the online chat service has been unavailable all of that time. I've tried following the above link, signed in, but all I get is a completely blank page. I'm getting 'incompatible cartridge' message, which I can get rid of by removing the colour cartridge which is obviously faulty, but of course I don't have a replacement, as the cartridge is almost full....

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @bancquo, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you are getting incompatible ink cartridge error on your printer.

Also, I understand your concern and situation you are into. So don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Does the issue persist when you make a copy from your printer?

Have you tried checking with regular ink cartridges? Does the issue persist?

Are you using HP genuine ink cartridges on your printer?

Please share the printer model name and operating system you are running on your PC to assist you better.

As you have not shared the complete printer details, I might not be able to share you the accurate steps to solve ink cartridge issue.

However, you can try few steps below and check if it helps.

Replace low, empty or faulty ink cartridges on your printer.

Try cleaning the ink cartridges contacts and check if it helps.

Remove, inspect, then reseat the ink cartridges

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps share us few details in a private message, so I can initiate an order to ship you a replacement ink cartridge.

Printer Model Name

Serial Number of the printer

Instant ink Email Address

Instant Ink Account Number

Address to ship the cartridge

Do you need black or color ink cartridges?

Hope to hear from you soon!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply MrRobot.

The key issue is that I'm an instant Ink subscriber, so my ink arrives automatically from HP, only when the Envy 4527 sends the nearly empty signal. That means if a cartridge dies before a repacement has been sent (and this cartridge was almost full) I need to contact someone at HP to trigger an early despatch of a replacment. Of course all the cartridges are genuine HP. I tried to contact using the chat function (as recommended) for 4 days, and got 4 days of 'there is nobody available' or 'the chat function is not available', and this highlights a significant issue with the Instant Ink programme,as if you can't contact anyone, how can this problem be resolved? As it happens, I finally got the printer to work again by cleaning the head contacts several times, but the lack of support is very disappointing, and after 12 months of being very happy with Instant Ink,I'm now wondering if it was a big mistake...

Anyway, thanks a lot for your support; if the issue recurs, I'll certainly get in touch by PM with the details you requested.

HP Recommended

@bancquo, Thanks for your prompt response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

I understand your concern and I'm very sorry for all the inconvenience.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,
Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.