Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am having this same problem with this printer  and can not see any signs of a  physical paper jam in any part of the printer,After removing the access panel in the rear (duplexer) and opening it up to inspect for any paper or pieces of paper that might be jammed I find none, Opened front ink head inspection cover( cartridge access door) found no jam there either, After closing the front cover I am able to push ok on the display panel, at that point the printer groans and returns to the paper jam error on display, Have also tried to restart printer using power button and by unplugging the power cord several times with the same results. This is an office printer that has seen years of use, Is it possible that this printer has worn out?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Can you please confirm the printer model? This was posted in a thread about the Officejet Pro 8610 but I would just like to confirm the model.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I had a very similar problem with my 8 year old Officejet 8500 A910. In addition to the "jammed duplexer" error messages (with no paper jam seen anywhere on the printer), I would get messages that my print carriage was jammed, and could not move. However when I sent print jobs to it, it would print them, only maddeningly 30 minutes later. But it would also display the message that it was checking the print carriages (which I had replaced 12 months ago). For months I tried numerous different "fixes", but could never get all of these 3 error messages on the display to disappear. Today I tried again, this time by updating the HP Doctor software on my laptop and had it look at it, and it suggested something that manufacturers normally warn against: unplugging the power cord from the back of the printer, then plugging it back in again. So I did it and 10 minutes later, the normal display of Print/Scan/Fax/Apps came back for the first time in months. So give this a try.

HP Recommended

Why would I ask a question about a printer that was not the same model as the printer that I was researching a problem for?

The model number on the printer was what brought me to this thread.

HP Recommended

This was my Boss's printer that I was trying to get a quick fix for not to have to wait for weeks to get answers to a question, We have fixed the problem, We threw the printer in the garbage and went out and bought a new printer because we can not wait for weeks to be able to use the printer because this printer is in an office environment that heavily rely s on the printer to do it's job on a daily basis. 

HP Recommended

@steven-cicero wrote:

Why would I ask a question about a printer that was not the same model as the printer that I was researching a problem for?

The model number on the printer was what brought me to this thread.

Sorry, you would be surprised at the number of folks that post in an ongoing thread with an entirely different printer (and even different printhead technology) as the original.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

No need to be sorry, However I wish to thank you for taking your time out of your day to try to give me help in this matter!

I am sorry for the snarky reply to your question as I was frustrated at HP support for making me even ask a question in a forum for their product that they should be giving support for, Not relying on a community to do their work for them!

HP Recommended

@steven-cicero wrote:

This was my Boss's printer that I was trying to get a quick fix for not to have to wait for weeks to get answers to a question, We have fixed the problem, We threw the printer in the garbage and went out and bought a new printer because we can not wait for weeks to be able to use the printer because this printer is in an office environment that heavily rely s on the printer to do it's job on a daily basis. 

Sounds like you no longer need an answer (one business day from your original post). 

For others with a similar issue that happen upon this thread I would suggest the troubleshooting steps in the document here:  Paper Jam Error.  If that does not resolve the issue I would suggest cleaning the rollers as described in the document here:  'Out of Paper' Displays, Printer Does Not Pick Up Paper.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.