Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
skatz80817
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: It's an HP Office Jet Pro 8600 printer, received following message: Missing or Failed Printhea

I have TWO OfficeJet Pro 8610's. I returned from 2 months away, and turned them on.  One failed immediately with a print head failiure and the 2nd one within 2 days (after some printing).

It seems rather strange to have BOTH printers fail at nearly the same time.

I've tried the resets, head removal and cleaning, jostling the heads, without success.

I'm now without ANY printers until the replacement(s) - 1 used, 1 new 8710 units arrive.

Any other suggestions?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Level 8
2,456 2,421 160 310
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: It's an HP Office Jet Pro 8600 printer, received following message: Missing or Failed Printhea

If you arranged for replacement units and the printers are still under warranty i would just wait for the units to be replaced .This will not void any warranty from your side.Hope this helps.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
0 Kudos
skatz80817
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, but your response was not helpful, at all, toward a resolution of the error itself or its cause(s).

I've already ordered a used 8610 to replace 1 unit, and an allegedly discounted price 8710 unt to replace the other one.

I would REALLY like to know the cause and/or real resolution.  I have the feeling that this was a latent effect of a recent firmware upgrade to the printers that manifest itself after 2 months of printer inactivity (I was away from home).

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation