Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Yes.  No change. 

HP Recommended

@sirish1

Have you tried using a USB cable and check if you are able to print in color?

Also, run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Let's try adding an alternate driver. The following steps should help you add an alternate driver:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Control panel, click Devices and Printers

2.) In the Devices and Printers folder right click on your Officejet 3833 and left click on Printer Properties.

3.) Left click on the Advanced tab

4.) Left click on New Driver

5.) When the New Driver window opens just hit 'next' until you see a list of Manufacturers on the left and a list of Printers on the right.

6.) Select HP as the Manufacturer on the left

7.) Select HP Deskjet 990c as the printer on the right. If HP Deskjet 990c doesn't appear than select 'Windows Update' on the bottom left and once the update completes you will be able to select Deskjet 990c.

8.) Hit next to complete the New Driver Wizard.

9.) Under the Printer Properties window select 'Apply' but don't hit OK

10.) Select the General tab

11.) Rename your printer back to HP Officejet 3833.

12.) Hit OK.

Try printing in color.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I went back to the new user solution, tweaked a couple of things on my printer and got it to work now, so I will accept that as the solution. 
Thanks for your help.  

HP Recommended

Hello Sirish1,

May I ask you what you have change? What you have done?

I have the same problem here with the same printer and I have true all the suggests.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Willy

HP Recommended

I printed off an attachment to an email and it printed in color.  That was my first clue that the creating the new account/new user option had worked.  When I went back to print a picture saved on my computer it printed in black and white.  So I had to click on printer icon, scroll down (doesn't show up unless you scroll down) on the menu, selected "more settings" and scrolled again to the bottom.  it had defaulted to monochrome in "Output options".  When I changed that to color, it printed the picture in color.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.