Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Photosnart 7520 that has worked well for several years. About a week ago it started printing blanks ( both ways just duplicating a copy or printing from the computer).. 

I changed the ink jet and it still comes out blank. Any ideas? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JHeart1

Welcome to HP support community.

Make sure the ink cartridges are properly vented and seated correctly

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.

2. Open the ink cartridge access door.

The carriage moves to the access area.

Open the cartridge access door.

3. Wait until the carriage stops moving before you continue.

4. Press the tab on the front of the ink cartridge inward to release it, and then pull up on the ink cartridge to remove it from the slot.

Remove the cartridge from the slot.

5. Examine the vent area on each ink cartridge, above the HP logo on the top of the ink cartridge.

Vent area on the top of the cartridge.

6. If the ink cartridge still has the pull tab attached, pull to remove it.

Orange pull tab.

7. If the vent is clogged, use a straight pin to gently remove excess adhesive from the vent.

Clean the clogged vent with a pin.

Clogged vent
    2. With a straight pin, gently remove excess adhesive from the vent

3. Unclogged vent

8. With the nozzle and the contacts facing down, slide the ink cartridge into its slot. Press down on the ink cartridge until it snaps into place. Make sure the color icon on the ink cartridge label matches the color icon on the slot.

Reinsert the cartridge.

9. Repeat these steps to inspect the vents on each ink cartridge.

10. Make sure each ink cartridge is firmly in place in its slot. Run your finger along the top of the cartridges to feel for any that are protruding, and if any are, press down firmly until each ink cartridge snaps into place.

11. Close the ink cartridge access door.

Close the cartridge access door

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.