Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I read your previous advice message.  I just bought new color and black cartriges last night, and the levels are showing good.  It copies in color, but does not copy in black.  Over WIFI it doesn't print either in color or black.  It only shows brief, light smudges.  It's only about a year old.  Bummer.  Is there a way to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@TJ1975

Welcome to HP forums.

Provide the printer model number or the product number for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I emailed this answer/response, but here it is again. Thanks

Product # P4C84A
Model # 6950
HP Recommended

@TJ1975,

Follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-6950-all-in-one-printer-series/9666193/document/c0...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Using the desktop HP Print and Scan Doctor, I accidently noticed on my desktop, it was breifly fixed.  Bought new cartriges and now it's not printing properly again;  mainly the full black cartrage is printing as faded and fuzzy.  I've cleaned the heads using the HP doctor as well and doesn't work. 

This is the worst and most frustrating printer I've ever used and purchased.  Also, I've wasted so much money on new ink cartriges as well.  This is not an acceptable product from a well know company.

HP Recommended

@TJ1975, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps from this document HP OfficeJet 6900 Printers - Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues, I am afraid it could be a hardware issue.

I would recommend you to try our other support options. Follow the steps below:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further. 

Thank you. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.