Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrbrooks Tutor
Tutor
9 4 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Officejet Pro 8720 thinks its connected to a phone line when it is not.

The same problem, purchased an 8725 on 14/09/2019...updated FW...and getting this crappy message.

This is a proper **bleep**ty and disgraceful attitude from HP, not having addressed this in the last couple of years when they clearly know about it.

So obviously they don't give a **bleep** about you once you have paid yer money and they are still selling this item (as per my own purchase) with no mention of this fault nor mention of how to fix it, if it is even possible.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,125 16,976 1,131 1,783
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mrbrooks,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

mrbrooks Tutor
Tutor
9 4 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you @The Fossette

I have disable the auto power off schedule for the time being, which has removed the message.

Most appreciated.

0 Kudos
mrbrooks Tutor
Tutor
9 4 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Rubbish.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation