Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My printer will not print. I am getting the message to contact hpinstantink.com for instructions. I purchased the all- in- one several years ago under an email account that I no longer have. I believe I signed up for the instant ink- with a credit card I no longer have as well. I cannot access anything because I no longer have those accounts. I am not interested in re-signing up for the instant ink program as I don't use the printer enough to warrent it. I just want to be able to print some pages today, and am very frustrated that I am not able to do so. If I am required to have this instant ink account- then I would rather get rid of the HP ENVY 4500, and get a printer that isn't such a hassle. I would really appreciate a prompt reply, as I am dealing with a deadline, and need to get some items printed.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Tina215

Welcome to HP Forums! I would love to help you with your concern.

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

When you sign up for an HP Instant Ink plan, you pay a monthly fee to print a defined number of pages per month. The plans are based on the number of pages that you print, not on how many ink cartridges you use. So once you cancel your Instant Ink subscription, Instant Ink cartridges will not work on the printer.

Remove the Instant Ink cartridges from the printer and install regular store cartridges and restart your printer.

You will be able to use your printer without any issues.

If you have any concerns, get back to us.

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow.

Happy Holidays!

Cheers​​​​​​​

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.