Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem I think. Brand new printer straight out of the box. Box and machine appeared perfect on arival. During initialisation despite much whirring it cannot pick up paper for its first test page and screen says 'Paper Problem'. Video suggests treat as paper jam. There is no paper jam - there is no paper in the machine other than in the tray and that  stays where it is!  I've tried all the suggestions on the HP on line support page. Paper is standard Xerox 80g/m2.  Have tried with paper tray  with a few sheets , 25 sheets, 50 sheets and full to the brim.  I cannot interact with a real person at HP for a while - I am at work. Please can anyone suggest anything.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

To complete the story - I worked through the issue with Hp support via the online chat. We went through some diagnostics and checks at the end of which the verdict was to replace the printer under warranty.  Whilst disappointing to have to do this at all, HP support was very good and clear by this route.

It now appears the return waybill label that was supposed to be in the box wasn't and I'm having to go through an extended process because HP logistics is closed for the evening. 

Hopefully the end.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

you can try a different ream of paper to see if there were any environmental factors hindering the pickup (too much moisture in paper, static electricity blah blah etc).  most likely though the paper pickup assembly went bad.  if its still under warranty send it back. 

HP Recommended

Thanks - have tried different paper. Environment is normal. Paper works fine in another printer. Am going to work through warrnaty with HP 

HP Recommended

To complete the story - I worked through the issue with Hp support via the online chat. We went through some diagnostics and checks at the end of which the verdict was to replace the printer under warranty.  Whilst disappointing to have to do this at all, HP support was very good and clear by this route.

It now appears the return waybill label that was supposed to be in the box wasn't and I'm having to go through an extended process because HP logistics is closed for the evening. 

Hopefully the end.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.