Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

@classypony wrote:

Help! I purchased an Officejet 8720 from a seller on Amazon and am experiencing the problem with regionalization. the hp 954 ink cartridges supplied with the printer ran out and I purchased the 952 cartridges recommended but they do not work because of the regionalization issue. I have two service cases pending with hp however I have heard NOTHING. Is there any other way to contact HP support? [snip]

There are various ways to contact HP support.  How did you contact them to open the cases you have? How did you get two cases?  How long has it been?  The regionalization reset is a specialized processs, available to relatively few agents.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I filled in the form for email correspondence with HP customer support. The first form was sent s week ago. Only heard crickets :0(
I found a number: [edit] that I’ll be trying tomorrow when I’m where the printer is located. Is there any other way to contact them? Thank you so much for your response.

HP Recommended

@classypony

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. I hope to hear from someone soon.

HP Recommended

You cannot be on a MAC to do the regionalized reset, which is what I have. Not sure why HP made these changes w/o thinking about the customer. Tech support doesn't have a clue. I had to figure out what was happening by reading chat forums. It's been frustrating w/o a printer for 10 days. Off to buy a new printer and wastefully toss the working 8610 out. Done with HP!

HP Recommended

@HostetlerPR

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Bob: Your help was invaluable to me. I appreciate your taking the time to provide help to others. I had spent a lot of time (>2 hours) working with JustAnswer techs (1st one gave up and 2nd one was supposed to be a higher level technician...he wasn't)  They weren't able to help me at all.  I thought I would take a short cut...didn't work.

I then started querying and came across your reply.  Thanks!!

HP Recommended

Thank you Bob.

I called HP and explained the problem. They where about to perform the regional reset when the tech support said that since they are going to change it to the Z10 region I should call HP tech support over there and gave me the same number I just called!

I called again and they provided me with another toll free number in the US which I cannot call from here.

I have filled-in the warranty dispute as indicated in your post, and hopefully somebody will contact me, otherwise I just lost $160 in cartridges.

HP Recommended

@albert75 wrote:

Thank you Bob.

I called HP and explained the problem. They where about to perform the regional reset when the tech support said that since they are going to change it to the Z10 region I should call HP tech support over there and gave me the same number I just called!

I called again and they provided me with another toll free number in the US which I cannot call from here.

I have filled-in the warranty dispute as indicated in your post, and hopefully somebody will contact me, otherwise I just lost $160 in cartridges.

Where is "here"?  What country are you in?  It sounds like you are not in the US or Canada, the region for the Z10 cartridges.  If you are outside the US/Canada region HP will not likely change the regionalization of your printer to Z10.

AFAIK HP will only reset the region to the correct one for the country you are calling from.  If you have cartridges purchased from HP in your region but they are Z10 cartridges you may be able to get HP to exchange them for the proper cartridges.  If you purchased the cartridges from a third party I would suggest contacting them for the correct cartridges.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.