Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have been going through the same thing.  Changed cable companies a while ago and have yet to be able to get the printer to work with the new wifi.  Been fighting with it tonight, and can't get anywhere.  When I pull up the printer IP, it shows it is connected to my network but not to "ePrint."  I have also tried every solution that I could come across and still can't get anything to work.  Did you ever get this resolved?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @Kay18pitt

I would suggest you install the printer using the USB cable and then convert the USB connected printer to Wireless to get it connected to the network. Here are the steps:

1. First, click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL42544/al-108812-4/DJ3520_1315-1.exe to download and install the printer drivers.
  2. In the connectivity tab, select "USB"
  3. Connect the USB cable and finish the printer installation.

If you want to change from a USB to wireless network connection, use the Printer Setup & Software utility that installed with your printer software:

1. Search for the printer name, and then click the name of your printer.

The printer software opens.

2. Click Tools, and then click Device Setup & Software.

3. Select the option which says "Convert a USB printer to Wireless"

4. Follow the onscreen instructions and complete the installation.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @Kay18pitt - Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a great location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand that your printer is not getting connected to the Wi-Fi after moving the printer. You need to install the full-feature printer driver on your PC to get the printer connected to the new network. I need to know the operating system on your Pc to give you specific steps. Please reply with the same.

Alternatively, if you are using MAC OS, then follow the steps here: http://hp.care/2pu5nMn 

For Windows OS, follow the steps here: http://hp.care/2pu7M9O 

You can download the full-feature drivers here: http://hp.care/2pu9qIG 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

My main PC is running Windows 10.  I do also have a Samsung Chromebook, but the PC is the main issue.  Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

Hello, @Kay18pitt

I would suggest you install the printer using the USB cable and then convert the USB connected printer to Wireless to get it connected to the network. Here are the steps:

1. First, click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL42544/al-108812-4/DJ3520_1315-1.exe to download and install the printer drivers.
  2. In the connectivity tab, select "USB"
  3. Connect the USB cable and finish the printer installation.

If you want to change from a USB to wireless network connection, use the Printer Setup & Software utility that installed with your printer software:

1. Search for the printer name, and then click the name of your printer.

The printer software opens.

2. Click Tools, and then click Device Setup & Software.

3. Select the option which says "Convert a USB printer to Wireless"

4. Follow the onscreen instructions and complete the installation.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

This seems to have done the trick for now.  Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

Hello, @Kay18pitt

Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.