Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet GT 5820
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have been through the standard steps recommended here - https://t.co/qtLP9ZeiRN?amp=1

And I have found that the problem is that the yellow ink tube has some bubbles. I want to be able to re-prime the tubes again. Taking out the printheads and re-inserting them doesn't work. It doesn't give me the flashing 'P' that is apparently needed for priming.

I printed one single sheet by mistake when the ink was in the lock position. It's hard to believe that it's so sensitive that printing one page has caused this problem. And from what I am to understand, there is nothing apart from buying new print heads, that I can do.

It's not like my print heads are spoilt. All the other colours work fine. And even if the print head might be spoilt, there should be a way to re-prime without having to buy new ones first.

Is there any way for me to restart the priming process?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@nem25

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Align the printheads and prime the ink system

Aligning the printheads is necessary to achieve the best print quality. After the alignment, the printer begins the process of priming the ink system.

CAUTION: 

Do not disconnect power or move the printer during the priming process.

1. On the printer control panel, press and hold the Resume button  for 3 seconds.

The alignment starts when the blinking P becomes a blinking A.

The printer prints an alignment page.

Image: Press and hold the resume button

2. Lift the scanner lid.

3. Place the alignment page with the print side down on the right-front corner of the scanner glass, and then close the scanner lid. Position it according to the engraved guides around the scanner glass.

Image: Printer alignment

4. Close the scanner lid.

5. On the control panel, press the Start Copy Color button .

NOTE: 

The priming process can last up to 45 minutes. During this time, you can install the printer software and begin using your printer. You may print, scan, and copy while priming occurs in the background.

Image: Press the color copy button

The printer aligns the printheads.

6. Priming is complete when the rotating lines stop and a 0 displays on the control panel.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If you read my message once again, you will see that I have already done that and my question is that there is no blinking P to begin with so how do I get that?

HP Recommended

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.