Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

So I had the same issue with my ENVY 7855 not printing in color even though the test pages printed in color. I found some good information on-line. We have a mac so kind of different. I finally came across data on HP that indicated how to install. I was trying to uninstall but it directed me to some extra installation. That was what failed (I also could not get it to work over USB but managed with WI-FI.

So, I did an install that brought in the HP Easy start software (download and run). It finally went through a registration step that I did not have before and auto-detected the serial number. I was able to re-install and it created a new printer finishing in 3. I put that one as default and then shut down my mac and then the printer and rebooted in the same order. Mission accomplished! It does now print in color! All this took however a good amount of time... I never had such a difficult install. I also noticed that instructions are not always clear and tend to be light when it comes to Macs. This should be improved in my opinion. I almost packed the whole thing to return but hate being defeated by technology!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@becane, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Thank you for the feedback. It will be forwarded to the respective team within HP.

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.