Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 5540

When photcopying light coloured documents/ pictures there is a a slight reddish tinge to the printed result, akin to redeye as photographers term it. This gives a result which is not a faithful reproduction compared to the original, which is important in the work I do. Is there an easy way to correct this ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @MickW1, I'd be happy to help you with your Envy 5540! Before we get started, I'd like to take a minute to welcome you to the forums and ask that once we resolve the issue that you click the Accept as Solution button below to flag your post as solved. 

I understand that when copying a light coloured original, whether it be a document or photo, the copy produced has a reddish tint. Does this also occur when you print or scan, or only when you copy? Have you tried changing the copy settings? 

Here's a list of options in the copy settings:

1.Start Black Copy

2.Start Color Copy 

3.Settings
◦Quality 
  • Best 
  • Normal 
  • Draft 

◦Resize 
  • Actual Size 
  • Fit to Page 
  • Custom 

◦Lighter/Darker 

◦2 Sided 
  • On 
  • Off 

◦Paper Size 
  • 8.5x11 Inches(Letter) 
  • 4x6 Inches 
  • 5x7 Inches 

◦Paper Type 
  • Plain Paper 
  • Photo Paper 

◦Margin Shift
  • On
  • Off

◦Enhancements 
  • Text
  • Photo
  • Mixed
  • None

◦Set as New Defaults 

Please let me know if modifying the settings resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance. 

Thanks. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thanks. It occurs when making colour photocopies - specifically of envelopes bearing stamps and postmarks which I study as a collector and sometimes need to make photocopies of. How do I change the copy settings ?

HP Recommended

Hey @MickW1,

@Sunshyn2005 is out of the office this weekend, but I can certainly assist you until Monday.

If you are seeing a red tint, it is likely that there is an issue with print quality. Make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done, this document outlines how to troubleshoot print quality issues with the printer. If you reach any steps asking you to replace the cartridge, instead contact HP Support directly. You can do so by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to print without the tint, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.